One of the comments I received on the above mentioned post was that the baskets would be a bit small, so I should make them bigger. I took the advice at heart and made the first basket 2 inches taller (8"x8"x8"). I also quilted each side separately with a different pattern.
It came together quite swiftly (a little over 2 hours), but I was suprised at the size and decided to make the others as per the original pattern. Since my red scraps seemed to be a little lost in this big basket.
I also made and quilted the sides from one big slab (as per the book)
The blue one seems to be full, but I can assure you there is still plenty of room left. Also blue is one of the colours I have the most scraps in. So I am very happy with this size.
|2 out of 3 are done|
When I moved to the yellow one I started to have so much fun that I very boldly decided to quilt circles on the big slab and an echoing cross on the bottom panel. My first ever circles and by no means are they perfect, but since they got cut up in 4 it doesn't matter too much.
And then the World cup called my name and I watched Germany thrash Brazil, so
I am linking to freshly pieced WIP wednesday.
and let's bee social from sew fresh quilts
till next time,