as mentioned in my previous post I want to catch up on some of the finishes I recently made many of which were as course preparations.
The first course I gave was a Dresden Plate with a modern twist. I even wrote a tutorial on it which I will publish separately.
Around the christmas holidays I made a couple of place mats and to make them look wintery I was toying with the idea of ice crystals. I don't know what made me think of the dresden ruler, but I started working with different sizes dresden petals. Et voila, a couple of dresden place mats, winter style:
As background fabric I used linen and H640 iron-on-fleece to give the place mate some sturdiness. I liked the outcome and decided to do another one, but see how it would work with a scrappy look.
This one however I turned into a cover for my quilt planner using Amandas tutorial. It gives a totally different feel, but I equally like it. The whole thing gave me such a buzz and really got my creativity flowing. I haven't seen it done before, but find it hard to believe it hasn't been done before. But the feeling of following your own ideas and impulses is one I wouldn't mind more of.
And don't forget to come back monday and link to :
TGIFF hosted by Leanne this week
Scraptastic tuesday from She can quilt
Till next time,