On Thursday we went on a lovely day hike. I was really impressed with my kids managing a 8 km walk (and it only took us 4,5 hours ;))
As for sewing I managed to pieced one top and its backing. This top is part of my #100dayproject. If you have never heard about this check @elleluna on instagram.
This time around I decided to concentrate on my WIPs. This top is made of blocks I received from the first ever bee I participated in and a load of blocks I received from swaps on swap-bot.
The reason why they were stuffed into the bottom of a drawer was that they were of very different sizes. The block I proposed as a bee block was Friendship circle. It is a paper piecing block and I had requested it grey, aqua and orange. The blocks sadly came in a variety of sizes from 12 till 13,5 Inch. When I recently found them in my drawer I decided to make them work together by adding wonky sashing. It beautifully hides the differences in sizes, the blocks are now all 14,5 inch.
The backing was pieced from scraps and left over blocks. Thanks to my little helpers the wind didn't stop me from photographing it outside :).
I am now all set up to go to Dorthe tomorrow morning and have a play on her brand new Q24 Bernina Long arm machine.
I hope you have been enjoying your mothers day weekend too!
Till next time,