Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

10 Jul 2016

Happy Birthday

This week was all about my daughters birthday party. She asked for an owl party in a local forrest school. Every year I am frustrated by the party bags available in the shops. There is hardly any space in them, they can't even hold a pencil. 


This year I decided not to get frustrated but got sewing instead and made some. Roughly based on a tutorial from Jeni Baker I made some owl drawstring bags fitting the owl themed birthday. Every child got a bag with an initial and an owl appliquéd on it.


Even without being stuffed with sweets, the bags were a real hit
Tomorrow as every monday I am hosting the Modern patch monday linky party over at Modern Cologne Quilter blog. Please join me if there is any patchwork sewing you would like to share. We'd love to see you there.
till next time,
Iris

3 comments:

  1. Da ist sie nun wirklich groß. Uaaaahhh und nach den Ferien ein Schulkind. Deine Eulenbeutel sind super süß geworden.
    Bis Freitag

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift for the children! They are beautiful and so useful!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful, I'm not surprised they were a hit! And happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete